|Spicy Grilled Fish|
Spicy Grilled Fish is a seafood delicacy, a super easy-to-make dish, high in nutrients and suitable for family dishes
Here’s something you can make without taking much stress and enjoy eating it the same way.
Tandoori Fish, cooked in North India comes with a slight variation, the Fish is kept in the yoghurt marinade with loads of spicy and hot tandoori masala, smeared with ghee or butter and slowly cooked in the tandoor (clay oven) on sticks, out comes with an irresistible aroma, and a smoky delight that can be devoured, in seconds & it is oh! So hot and juicy!
Use any fish such as Herring, Mackerel, Salmon, and Trout which are rich in Omega 3, marinade them in spicy yoghurt mix and grill them to get a spicy and healthy treat.
Use an iron skillet if baking or grilling over charcoal is not an option, cook them on a skillet, using some oil or butter, cook them for 3-4 mins (each side) and serve hot with rice, sliced cucumber, onion rings, lemon and tomato wedges.
Spicy Grilled Fish Recipe
Prep: 20 min. Cooking: 5-8 min. Serves: 4 Grade: Easy
INGREDIENTS Spicy Grilled Fish
- Whole Fish 1 kg(2 lbs)
- Lemon Juice 2 lemons
- Salt to taste
- Pepper ½ tsp (crushed)
MARINADE Spicy Grilled Fish
- Yoghurt 1cup
- Ground Ginger 1 tbsp
- Ground Garlic 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala 2tsp
Garnish:- Freshly Chopped Coriander leaves & lemon wedges
Method for preparation Spicy Grilled Fish
- Wash and clean the fish, rub the fish with a mixture of lemon juice and salt.
- Keep the fish for 30 minutes, and drain off the released water.
- Prepare a marinade for the fish, by mixing, yoghurt, ground ginger, ground garlic, garam masala.
- Marinade the fish in the yoghurt for an hour.
- Grill the fish on a charcoal grill for 5-7 minutes (each side)
- You can also bake the fish for 15-20 min @ 400 degree F; keep turning the sides while baking.
- Serve hot, with boiled peas, sliced cucumbers, tomato wedges and mint sauce